Monday, February 06, 2006

DomWar 4: Scavenger, Dropship, Centaur

Monday, February 06, 2006
More good times from the frontlines. Here is a "concept tag" where I've done a briefy redesign of DTrip's robot guy. He described him as a scavenger, so I've focused on that aspect. I think of him as the Scavenger King, leader of the second wave of forces tasked with cleaning up smaller pockets of troops and subduing the weakened. Picking over the battlefield with a lumbering gait, I thought of him much as the thieves and rogues of medieval societies, the lowest order that would steal from the dead and dying on the battlefield.



I doubt this is going to be used for the contest, as it's quite a stretch to consider this a General. He, or it, is a sentient dropship, with great big bat wings that double as protective shields when disgorging troops. The streaming blue from the double-mouths is a mysterious energy-seeking ghost vapor (whatever that means).



And with respect to Mr. Andrew Jones, this was my paintover of Asthane's cyborg centaur lady. Two and half hours, I had a lot of fun putting this together. I typically try and resist the fairly trite dark-with-glowie-bits design style, but I think this turned out well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
gausswerks: design+concept. Design by Pocket